Are you ready for some cheese dips? Err, football?
Who cares who you’re rooting for Sunday, Super Bowl is a great excuse to get together with friends and indulge in tailgating grub. If you’re not serving Sloppy Joes or queso at home, here are some events and specials happening around town for Super Bowl Sunday.
- Overtime Sports Grill, 4529 E. 26th St., will host its second annual Super Bowl Wing Eating Contest, taking place at half-time. Each contestant will be given 30 hot wings (and don’t even try to skimp — wings will be inspected to make sure all meat was removed). The first to finish, or the contestant to eat the most in the 10-minute time limit, will win the $100 prize, which constitutes $50 cash and a $50 gift card.
- Enjoy a taco bar and shot specials at The Liebrary. The bar and restaurant on 57th and Marion also will offer 30-cent wings, twofers till 5 p.m. and $3 bombers at night. For $50, sister bar The 18th Amendment will offer a spot on the Super Bowl board, which features 46 payouts. Sign up at the bar anytime before Sunday.
- Tinners Event Center, at 69th and Minnesota, will host a Super Party on Sunday for $25. During the game, guests can enjoy well drinks, tap beer and appetizers and watch the game on a 150-inch hi-Def flat screen TV.
- Stubbies Bar and Grill off 57th and Cliff will serve 50-cent regular wings and $2.50 tall domestic taps all day.
- Tackle a super buffet at Big Cheese Pizzeria and Sports Pub on Cliff and Bensen on Sunday. Enjoy all-you-can-eat pizza, wings, chicken, coney dogs and hot dogs for $14 from 3 p.m. until the game is over. Big Cheese also will have a drawing for a 32-inch LG TV at halftime, and it’s free to sign up.
- Football specials at Cherry Creek Grill and T.C.’s Referee include $5 and $6 mugs of beer, $3 Windsors and Smirnoff flavored vodka drinks and 60-cent wings.
- Granite City on Louise Avenue will continue to serve its seasonal Stadium Menu, featuring jumbo wings, quarter-pound burgers and Northern Lite con queso for $6 and Juicy Lucy burgers for $8 from 2 p.m. to close.
- Next door, Rookies Sports Bar and Comedy Club will continue to offer its bombers and blitzers for game day, as well as $1 shots.
- If you’re hosting friends at home, both Buffalo Wild Wings locations are offering 25 traditional wings for $15.99 (one sauce only) for takeout.
Read more about Super Bowl events around town in Thursday’s Link.