So much for a peaceful start to the year, eh? If your life has been anything like mine lately, it’s been busy, hectic and, well, busy. Whatever happened to hunkering down and enjoying the cold winter at home, eating pot pies and drinking hot chocolate? OK, so I’m still doing all that, but I could use a break, too.
Saturday will do me good.
Join me in celebrating the third annual Sioux Falls Yoga Day this weekend, where you can take part in free yoga classes at East Bank Yoga in the 8th & Railroad Center and at the Main Branch Library downtown. All ages and levels are welcome to relax and enjoy the benefits of yoga with trained instructors, and freewill donations of canned goods are being accepted for the Food Pantry.
Maria Travers will offer a beginners class at 9 a.m. at East Bank. Here are other classes being offered at the library throughout the day:
- Beginning Yoga, 9:15-10 a.m.; learn basic moves
- Family Yoga, 10:15-11 a.m.; for kiddos and families
- Qi Gong, 11:15 to noon; “Chinese Yoga” is gentle movement to heal the body
- Crystal Singing Bowls, 12:15-1 p.m; sound vibrations that have positive effects on well-being
- Yin Yoga, 1:15-2 p.m; poses are held for 2 to 3 minutes
- Intermediate Yoga, 2:15-3 p.m; yoga basics and challenging poses
- Laughter Yoga, 3:15-4 p.m.; laughter and breathing exercises
I love yoga and hope you are able to take part and enjoy the benefits of these classes on Saturday. Namaste!